Student counsellors are there for students requiring advice and information of a more complex nature. Either you will be referred to a Student counsellor (for example by the Central Student Service Desk, or a Study adviser), or you can contact us on your own initiative.
Consultations with Student counsellors are free of charge.
Current or prospective students who have quick queries or urgent matters can call a Student counsellor during phone hours:
- Tuesday to Friday from 9:00-10:00
- Phone: +31 (0)20 525 1401
If you cannot call between 09.00 and 10.00 and you do not know whether you should make an appointment, you can ask the Central Student Service Desk. You can call them on all working days between 09.00 and 17.00 on +31 (0)20 525 1401.
- Current (registered) UvA students can make an appointment (of a maximum of 30 minutes) with a Student counsellor. If you have been referred, for example by your Study advisor or the Central Student Service Desk, you can make an appointment via the link below.
- Appointments are not without obligation, we would like to ask you not to let the Student counsellor wait for you in vain. If you are unable to attend, you can cancel it yourself (up to 2 hours before the appointment) via the link in the confirmation email.
In case you have an urgent issue, and a short term appointment with one of the Student counsellors is not possible, you can call during phone hours.
We place great value on ensuring the careful handling of your data. Read our Privacy statement (pdf, 1 p.).
On www.uva.nl/studentservices, you can read all Privacy statements of the Student counsellors and Student Services.
Book an appointment
Address and directions to Roeterseiland Campus, building J/K
Questions about studying with a disability
- Do you want to know more about studying with a disability at the UvA? Please read the information on our website first: www.uva.nl/disability.
- In case you are not able to call or visit us because of your residence abroad or time difference, you may ask your question(s) about studying with a disability by email.
- Select the email address of the Student counsellor, in charge of the study programme of your interest.
For prospective students
The UvA is closed on national holidays and during Christmas week/New Year's Eve. For an overview, follow the link below.