Support for students with dyslexia
The statement of dyslexia or dyscalculia must meet the following conditions:
- The student's personal details must be on the statement.
- The date of the examination must be stated.
- The statement must be on letterhead or paper with the logo of the company/institution where the research was conducted.
- It must be clearly stated that it is a dyslexia statement.
- It must also clearly state that there is dyslexia.
- The signature of an authorized professional (so no automatic signature) must be on the statement: by a GZ-psychologist (BIG-registered), a clinical psychologist (CP), a psychologist registered with the Dutch Association of Psychologists’ Child and Youth Health Care division (K&J-NIP), or a special education expert/generalist registered with the Association of Educationalists in the Netherlands (NVO).
Requesting a facility
The UvA offers a variety of facilities. If you want to use a facility that you are entitled to, make sure that you request it on time.
See the page Study methods and study skills for useful tips, such as how to prepare for exams and assignments, and writing academic texts. Student Services offers workshops and training throughout the year.
If you encounter problems during your studies, contact a student counsellor.
Student Services is strongly committed to dealing carefully with your data. The UvA Student Services Privacy Statement (pdf) explains what we do with the personal data that students share with us in order to access the offer of Student Services.