- When you become a student at the UvA, you first have to request a Student ID card. For this you need a UvAnetID (every starting student receives an email with a UvAnetID and password)
- Go to myuvacard to upload your passport photo for the Student ID card. Please note: you can upload your photo on myuvacard on a laptop or desktop. Please ensure that your passport photo satisfies at least the following criteria:
- It must be a clear, recent passport-quality passport photo. The photo must be clear and detailed and must provide sufficient contrast (not too light or too dark).
- It must be a good likeness of you.
- The file must be a JPEG file.
- The file must be no smaller than 50 KB and no bigger than 3 MB.
- Your face (chin, mouth, nose, eyes and eyebrows) must be fully visible, even with head covering, and you must be facing forwards.
- The main part of the photo must be your face.
- The photo must be of one person only.
- The photo can be colour or black and white.
- Photos with a Snapchat (or similar) filter are not permitted.
Please note: Your student ID card also serves as a proof of identity. When you use an unclear or unusable picture your student ID card will not be considered valid.
- If you are starting your program in September, and if you applied for your student card before September 3th, you will receive your card at home at the address you provided in August. You can expect your card as of 17 August. Please note: If you registered an international address , you will receive an email on when and where to come and collect it. Please bring along a valid ID.
- To use the functionalities on the card, you first have to activate your ID card online. Log in to myuvacard and choose 'Activate' at card options. Your student ID card is now ready for use. This can be done up to 1 October 2020. After 1 October you can only activate the card at one of the service desks. Please bring along a valid ID.
- The service desks remain open during holidays and teaching-free periods, though probably with adjusted opening hours.
Please note: You will also need to activate your student ID card so that you can use it to make payments.