What is your study programme?
Information for
[ enrolled students ]
What is your study programme?

Grants for students in special circumstances

Last modified on 10-10-2023 16:22
Semi-professional sport, pregnancy, a board position alongside your studies or simply force majeure. As a student, you may find yourself in a situation that leads to financial problems or study delays. Find out what kind of financial support is available.
Show information for your study programme
You're currently viewing general information. Choose your study programme to see additional information that's specific to your study programme, such as deadlines, regulations and contact details.
What is your study programme?
  • Emergency FundIf you are a UvA student or PhD candidate facing financial difficulties because of an emergency, you can apply to the Emergency Fund for assistance.
  • Profiling FundThe UvA Profiling Fund offers financial assistance to students who have incurred a study completion delay due to force majeure or exceptional circumstances.
  • Administrative Body Membership GrantBeing a board member of a student association, student organisation or student council can sometimes take up so much time that you incur a delay in completing your studies. You can apply for an Administrative Body Membership Grant to compensate you for situations like this.
  • AUF: support for refugeesExternal linkThe Amsterdam University Fund (AUF) provides grants to refugees who are studying at the UvA or are about to start. This is a financial contribution for study costs.
  • Private fundsAre you in financial difficulties? In some cases you may be able to apply to a private organisation for a grant or scholarship. Each organisation sets its own acceptance criteria.