How to use your examination facility
When the examination facility applies
The examination facility only applies with regard to:
- Examinations that you take during the period for which the facility has been granted.
- Examinations for courses that you take at the UvA.
- Official examinations (on location) and not for interim assessments in class or writing assignments.
Matters to take into account
- If you have been granted additional examination time, you will receive 15 minutes of additional time for examinations lasting up to two hours and 30 minutes for examinations lasting two hours or more. It is not possible to grant you more time, unless there is a very good reason for doing so. Book an appointment with a student counsellor if this is the case.
- You will take the examination at the same location as other students, unless otherwise agreed.
- Always report to the invigilator at the start of an examination. The invigilator will assign a seat to you.
- If you are taking courses at another university as well, you should check if the facility also applies there and how you can make use of it.
Validity period of the examination facility
In the following cases we advise an examination facility for the first year (Bachelor's, or 2-year Master's; the latter if you've obtained your Bachelor's at another institution):
- Declaration of dyslexia, which has been issued during your time in elementary school
- Declaration of AD(H)D
After your first academic year at the UvA, if the examination facility has demonstrably been necessary, you can submit a request for extension for the remainder of your study programme.
In case of:
- Psychological problems, it will be determined in a meeting with the student counsellor for how long the examination facilities are necessary.