What is your study programme?

For current information about the demonstrations, see uva.nl/protestsExternal link

Information for
[ enrolled students ]
What is your study programme?

For current information about the demonstrations, see uva.nl/protestsExternal link

Support in case of questions and concerns regarding protests

Last modified on 22-05-2024 09:57
The demonstrations at the UvA are having a huge impact. Do you have questions or concerns about the situation? There are a number of places you can turn to for support.
Show information for your study programme
You're currently viewing general information. Choose your study programme to see additional information that's specific to your study programme, such as deadlines, regulations and contact details.
What is your study programme?

In case of an emergency

In the event of an immediate physical threat or emergency, call security:
020 525 2222
This number is not intended for general, non-urgent questions about safety.

Are you suffering psychological distress?

Are you experiencing psychological issues due to the current situation? If so, you can request a one-time initial consultation with the student psychologists. Send an email to studentenpsychologen@uva.nlExternal link.

You can also make an appointment for a regular one-on-one session. In this session, you and a student psychologist will assess your problems and determine the most suitable support form. This may involve several individual sessions with one of our psychologists or participation in a workshop or group. Book an appointment on the student psychologists webpage.

If you just need someone to listen, you can call All EarsExternal link, an initiative by psychology students.

Outside the UvA you can contact Victim Support NetherlandsExternal link

Workshop: Stabilising yourself in difficult times

The workshop 'Stabilising yourself in difficult times' will be held on Tuesday, 21 May, and Wednesday, 22 May. This workshop provides tools for self-care during challenging times.

Are your studies being affected?

In most cases, your programme's study adviser is the first person point of contact to discuss your situation. 

You can also make an appointment with one of the student counsellors. They offer a listening ear and can provide support, such as guidance regarding concerns about your study progress. These conversations are always confidential.

Have you experienced undesirable behaviour?

Are you dealing with undesirable behaviour on the part of teachers, students or other people you interact with as part of your studies? You can get in touch with one of the UvA's confidential advisers. They are there for everyone at the UvA.

Do you want to file a complaint about police violence?

You can find more information on the website of the policeExternal link.

Frequently asked questions 

Visit uva.nl/protestsExternal link for more information regarding last week's demonstrations and the current situation on campus.