Mindfulness techniques can be very helpful in dealing with stress and can help reduce negative thinking. The techniques can also help you improve your focus, concentration and thinking skills. You will be learning a more accepting and compassionate way to look at your thoughts and feelings.
During the course, you will learn how to develop mindfulness through meditation. Mindfulness means being aware of what is happening in your experience - in your mind and your body. This helps you to take better care of yourself.
The course also draws on ideas from Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) to help you challenge negative thinking. In 6 to 8 sessions you will learn various mindfulness techniques. We will ask you to practice the techniques on a daily basis.
Date and time
This training will be offered five times in 2019-2020:
- September-November 2019: Monday 16, 23, 30 September, 7, 14, 28 October, 4 and 11 November 2019, from 09:00-11:00. This training has been completed.
- November 2019-January 2020: Thursday 21, 28 November, 5, 12 December 2019, 9, 16, 23 January and 6 February 2020, from 09:00-11:00. This training has been completed.
- January-March 2020: Monday 13 January until 2 March 2020, from 09:00-11:00. Participation is no longer possible; this group has already started.
- February-March 2020: Thursday 6 February until 26 March 2020, from 09:00-11:00. Participation is no longer possible; this group has already started.
- March-May 2020: Monday 30 March, 6, 20 April, 11 until 25 May 2020, from 09:00-11:00. Participation is no longer possible; the maximum number of participants has been reached.
End of August you can register for new trainings taking place next semester.
Each training consists of 6 meetings. If the series contains more than the specified number of data, the trainer drops one or more data during training.
International students having a hard time adjusting. If there are spots available, a number of Dutch students can participate as well.
- Language: English
- Location: Roeterseiland Campus (REC). The exact location will be made known after you have registered.
- Participation: a maximum of 10 participants
- Please note that it is important - for yourself and for the group - that you are able to attend all sessions
- Costs: free of charge
- Offered by the Student Psychologists (UvA Student Services)