What is your study programme?
Information for
[ enrolled students ]
What is your study programme?

Object to a decision

Last modified on 09-02-2024 14:07
If you disagree with a decision made by or on behalf of the Executive Board, about your enrolment, tuition fees or a financial provision for example, you can make an objection.
Show information for your study programme
You're currently viewing general information. Choose your study programme to see additional information that's specific to your study programme, such as deadlines, regulations and contact details.
What is your study programme?

Examples of decisions to which you can object include:

  • enrolment as a student or external candidate
  • enrolment based on a foreign diploma
  • decision on a university entrance examination
  • termination of registration as a student
  • tuition fee payment, exemption, reduction or repayment
  • award and rejection of requests for Profiling Fund grants
  • award and rejection of requests for Administrative Body Membership Grants
  • admissions rejection based on gaps in prior education

Object within six weeks

Make an objection within six weeks from the day the decision was issued.

Submit notice of objection

You can submit your notice of objection to the Arbitration Committee for Student ObjectionsExternal link by email, post or via the online service desk. The notice of objection must include at least the following:

  • your full name and address
  • the date
  • the grounds for the objection
  • a description or a copy of the decision to which you’re objecting

By post or email

Send your notice of objection to:

University of Amsterdam
Attn. Arbitration Committee for Student Objections
P.O. Box 19268
1000 GG Amsterdam
Email: jz-studentenbezwaren@uva.nlExternal link

Or use the digital service desk.

Digital service desk

As soon as you have submitted the form, you will receive an automated confirmation by email. This email will also contain information about the next steps in the procedure.


Legal Affairs

If you have any questions, please contact Legal Affairs.

Contact details