What is your study programme?
Information for
[ enrolled students ]
What is your study programme?

Working with a disability

Last modified on 12-04-2024 13:20
If you have a disability and would like to work during or after your studies, there are various types of support available.
Show information for your study programme
You're currently viewing general information. Choose your study programme to see additional information that's specific to your study programme, such as deadlines, regulations and contact details.
What is your study programme?

Working with a disability

  • Application tipsExternal link: The UvA Student Careers Centre (SCC) provides advice and support with finding and applying for jobs. The SSC organises information sessions, workshops and training with a view to job hunting, career orientation, cover letter and CV writing etc.
  • We would also be more than happy to give feedback on your cover letter, CV and/or LinkedIn profile. Send an emailExternal link with the vacancy you are interested in, your cover letter, your CV and/or the link to your profile and the career coaches will schedule an appointment with you.
  • You can also contact the SSCExternal link if you would like advice from a career coach on how to turn your disability into a positive or how to account for gaps in your CV.
  • Career test: you can also take a career test that takes your disability into account. Send an emailExternal link to the SSC to apply, stating your name, student ID number and telephone number.
  • UvA Job BoardExternal link: this lists work placements and starter vacancies especially for UvA students and recent graduates. Employers have the option to indicate on the UvA Job Board whether a vacancy is ‘suitable for candidates with a disability’.
  • Study allowance from the municipality: if you are aged 18 or over and unable to earn the minimum wage because of a disability, you may qualify for a study allowance from the municipality where you live to support you throughout your studies. For the municipality of Amsterdam, visit Studietoeslag AmsterdamExternal link for more information.

Working with a Wajong benefit

  • The Dutch government hires people who receive a benefit under the Disablement Assistance Act for Handicapped Young Persons (Wajong). All vacancies are open to them. These are listed at www.werkenbijdeoverheid.nlExternal link. You can also send an unsolicited application.
  • StudiJobExternal link is a temporary employment agency for students, originally founded by the University of Amsterdam. It offers interesting sidelines in the knowledge sector alongside or just after your studies. StudiJob also welcomes Wajong benefit recipients. Call StudiJob on +31 (0)20 535 34 60 or send an email for more information.