Tuition fee payment
Last modified on 21-02-2023 11:14
You can choose from four ways to pay your tuition fees to the UvA. General rules apply to all four of these payment methods. All students must choose a single method of payment.
- Digital authorisation (direct debit)
In Studielink, select 'Digital authorisation'. You can choose for collection of the full amount or for collection in ten instalments. In Studielink you can also indicate that someone else will pay for you via direct debit.
- Bank transfer (payment in full)
In Studielink, select ’Other method of payment’. It is not possible to pay in instalments when you use this payment method.
- Payment with a proof of paid tuition fees (BBC)
In Studielink, select ‘Proof of tuition fees payment’. You can only pay with a proof of paid tuition fees (BBC in Dutch) if you have paid tuition at another educational institution and meet the criteria.
- Your employer is paying
In Studielink, select ’Other method of payment’. Your employer can transfer the tuition fee amount at once or pay via an invoice.
- In May at the earliest, you will receive a message from Studielink about the amount of the tuition fee for the coming academic year and you can then arrange its payment. Pre-Master’s students can often only arrange this in August.
- If your study programme starts on 1 September, you need to ensure that payment of the tuition fee is arranged by 31 August at the latest. If your start date is 1 February, the payment deadline is 31 January.
- An exception applies to students doing the Master’s in Medicine. They can enrol in any month (due to the waiting period) and pay the tuition fee prior to the start date of their enrolment.
- The fact that you have arranged payment of the tuition fee does not always automatically means that your enrolment has been completed. You can check the status of your enrolment in in SIS.
- If you cancel your enrolment in Studielink prior to 31 August, you will not have to pay any tuition fee. Any digital direct debit authorisation you issued will then be cancelled and any excess tuition fee you paid will be automatically refunded.
You can check whether you are eligible to apply for student finance with DUO.
Questions about tuition fees
If you need more information about tuition fees, you can ask a question using our online form.