What is your study programme?

Terminating your enrolment on graduation

Last modified on 09-11-2021
If you are planning to graduate and have applied for your degree certificate, you must terminate your enrolment. You may be entitled to a refund of your tuition fees.
Show programme-specific information
You're currently viewing general information. Choose your study programme to see additional information that's specific to your study programme, such as deadlines, regulations and contact details.
What is your study programme?

When terminating your enrolment via StudielinkExternal link, specifying 'Graduation’ as the reason. Your enrolment termination date will then be the first day of the month that follows your graduation date. If you graduate in November, for example, but don’t terminate your enrolment via Studielink until January, your enrolment will be terminated retroactively on 1 December. Any excess tuition fees will automatically be refunded to you.

If your graduation date is after 31 May, you will no longer be entitled to a refund of your tuition fees. In that case, your enrolment will automatically expire on 31 August and you do not need to terminate your enrolment via Studielink.

Step-by-step instructions for terminating your enrolment on graduation

Once you have terminated your enrolment at the UvA:

  • you can no longer register your credits
  • you can no longer apply for your degree certificate
  • you will no longer be eligible for a student grant/loan or a student public transport pass
  • you cannot take courses at another institution based on Proof of Paid Tuition Fees (in Dutch: BBC)

Please note that you can continue to use your UvAnetID and the UvA’s facilities for 90 days after you have terminated your enrolment.  

Non-EU students

If you are a non-EU student your student residence permit will be valid for 3 months after your graduation date. Unless your residence permit is valid for less time than this, in which case the end date on your permit will apply. In the meantime, however, you can apply for an orientation yearExternal link.


Central Student Service Desk (CSSD)

Do you have general questions about studying at the UvA, for instance, about your enrolment or tuition fee? Contact the CSSD. Want to request a document or have it signed? Fill in our contact form. 

Contact details