What is your study programme?
Information for
[ enrolled students ]
What is your study programme?

Reimbursement for dual Master's of the Faculty of Humanities

Last modified on 11-06-2024 15:38
Applying for a reimbursement for a dual Master's degree changed in the academic year 2022-2023. Find out if you're eligible for compensation.
Show information for your study programme
You're currently viewing general information. Choose your study programme to see additional information that's specific to your study programme, such as deadlines, regulations and contact details.
What is your study programme?

A dual Master's programme consists of two parts: 60 ECTS credits for courses and a thesis, and 30 ECTS credits for a work-study component or internship.  The latter component is worth 60 ECTS credits for the Curating Art and Cultures programme.

You started your dual Master’s before 2022-2023 

Dual Master’s students who started their dual Master’s before 2022-2023  and are receiving an internship allowance that is lower than €275, can submit a request for a one-time supplementary allowance from the Profiling Fund for a period of 6 months, in order to bring the total to €275. In addition, students receiving a supplementary student grant from the Education Executive Agency (DUO) are eligible for an allowance equal to their supplementary grant, in addition to this allowance of €275.

You started your dual Master’s in 2022-2023 or after

Dual Master’s students who will be starting their dual Master’s in 2022-2023 or later can claim a one-time compensation from the Profiling Fund if they have received a supplementary grant from the Dutch government (DUO). The compensation then consists of an allowance equal to the supplementary grant for a period of 6 months. Curating Art and Cultures students who receive a supplementary grant from DUO can apply for a 12-month allowance. You can submit the application at the end of the first year of the dual Master's programme.

More information

More information about the DUO supplementary grant can be found on the DUO websiteExternal link. For questions and/or a request, send an email to Karin Waanders at k.t.j.waanders@uva.nlExternal link. If you're in serious financial need you can also contact a student counsellor for individual help and advice.


Student counsellors

You can contact the student counsellors for a confidential conversation about your personal situation and your study progress. Please check our conditions for guidance here.

Contact details