After you have terminated your enrolment, you will receive a letter from the Central Student Administration confirming your termination of enrolment.
What are you no longer entitled to?
After your last day of enrolment:
- You may no longer make use of the UvA's educational facilities.
- You may no longer have any achieved credits registered.
- You can no longer submit applications for a certificate.
- You are no longer entitled to student grants and loans or a student public
transport pass (if this enrolment is your only enrolment to a research
university or university of applied sciences).
- If you have Dutch residency on the basis of studying at the University of
Amsterdam, the UvA is required by law to inform the IND of the termination of
your enrolment. The IND will proceed to stop your residence permit. If you have
graduated and wish to stay longer in the Netherlands, you can apply for a search
year permit (see link below).
- For loans or scholarships other than those disbursed by DUO, please contact
the scholarship-granting organisation if you have any questions about how
termination of your enrolment may affect your student loan or scholarship.