In order to repair your eduroam connection on a Mac computer, you must replace the Wireless Profile. This is best done at an UvA venue. There, you can make use of the wireless network 'UvA Open Wi-Fi'.
Removing the profile:
- If you are connected to eduroam: disconnect.
- Open System Preferences.
- Open Profiles.
- Select the UvA profile.
- Remove the UvA profile by clicking the minus sign.
- Enter your Mac password to complete this action.
Installing the new profile:
- If you are at an UvA venue: select the wireless network 'UvA Open Wi-Fi', At the Science Park, you can connect to the network ‘Amsterdam Science Park’. At an HvA/AUAS venue, use 'HvA Open Wi-Fi'.
- Go to https://wifiportal.uva.nl.
- Enter your UvAnetID@uva.nl op (CAUTION: this is not the same as your email address).
- Click Join Now.
The file SecureW2.mobileconfig has been downloaded:
- Open SecureW2.mobileconfig.
- In the Profiles window, click Continue.
- Enter your new UvAnetID password twice.
- Enter your Mac password.
- The profile has been reinstalled.
- You should now be able to connect to eduroam again.