For best experience please turn on javascript and use a modern browser!
Student Services

Student Services

At Student Services, you can get several student support services and guidance, before you start studying, during your studies and after graduating as well. Currently we have adjusted services.

For specific information about our services, please see the information below.

  • Make your talent work: Student Careers Centre

    The career advisers of the UvA Student Careers Centre can help you find out what you want, how to make career choices, get insight into your capabilities and competencies, and improve your job application skills in order to achieve your career goals.

    In addition to individual vocational counselling, career advisers offer a wide range of workshops, training courses and information sessions. Plus, the UvA Student Careers Centre organises a growing number of career events ever year.

    Please feel welcome to contact the career advisers about all sorts of career topics, for example finding an internship or an entry-level job.

    Make your talent work!

  • Service to internationals: Housing and Immigration


    The UvA offers a housing service to international first-year Bachelor’s and Master’s students, and and exchange students (short stay), as well as to international PhDs and other UvA staff (long stay). The central Housing department is part of Student Services.


    New international students are assisted in arranging official procedures for residence permits and other practical matters by the Immigration team at Student Services.

    Residence Assistants (RA's)

    The University of Amsterdam offers international students housing in Amsterdam. Dutch students who fulfil the role of Residence Assistants (RA) live amidst 80-150 international students. These RA's act as an intermediary between the international residents, housing corporation De Key and the UvA and AUAS (HvA).