Do you have any ideas about how we could use ICT to improve the quality of education at the UvA? If so, take part in Grassroots and send in an application by 18 September 2015.
Grassroots are small-scale, accessible ICT projects where results can immediately be applied in education. Individual lecturers as well as students can submit a proposal for implementing a Grassroot. A maximum of 1,000 euros is available for each Grassroot project. Faculties or education institutes can also apply to do a collective Grassroot, which is a Grassroot programme made up of 5 to 10 Grassroots.
See the Grassroots website for more information and the rules. The proposal submission deadline is 12:00 on 18 September 2015.
Need more information and/or want to discuss a project idea? Please contact:
Nynke Kruiderink, ICT & Education, Social Sciences
Elgin Blankwater, ICT & Education, Communication Science
Sharon Klinkenberg, ICT & Education, Psychology
Sijo Dijkstra and/or Jeannet Bierling, UvA General Administration
The proposals will be assessed on the following criteria:
1. The use of the Grassroot will lead to improvements in the quality of education.
2. The Grassroot will deliver a result or other outcome which can be used by other degree programmes as well as lecturers and students.
3. The Grassroot contributes to improved ICT skills and knowledge among lecturers/students.
4. The Grassroot is a new ICT application for the education provided by the faculty, degree programme or course. It doesn't have to be a ground-breaking innovation, however.
5. The Grassroot yields a concrete product (such as education materials or a teaching method) which can be immediately applied.
6. The proposal clearly describes the added value of the Grassroot in the education context and is achievable: it’s a small project that can be carried out within the allocated time and using the available resources.
7. The student/lecturer have agreed (where applicable) to the idea and its implementation within the education programme.