You can contact us for a confidential conversation to help you with support, advice and information on the following matters:
- Family circumstances like problems in or with family or informal caregiving
- Problems with departments or people at the UvA
- Pregnancy or parenthood
- Top-class athletics
- Study delay as a result of of circumstances outside your control
- Questions about registration and deregistration (check if you can find an answer in the FAQ first)
- In case of study delay (caused by illness or other personal circumstances) from the Profiling Fund
- If you will be studying abroad for part of your studies (start well in advance)
- When you are not (or no longer) eligible for student finance and loans provided by the Dutch government or need advice or information about their student finance (DUO)
- For other reasons for which you may be eligible for a grant
- Studying with a disability or (chronic) illness
- Study skills
Advice on procedures regarding objections and appeals
- Help with objections and appeals
Study monitoring (for non-EEU students)
- If you do not attain the 50% threshold before 31 August because of severe personal circumstances and feel you have an excusable reason, please contact the student counsellors to discuss your situation and options.
When do you go to a study adviser (and not to a student counsellor)?
- The study adviser is your first point of contact at the faculty in case you have personal problems or have questions about your Bachelor's or Master's.
- If personal problems lead to study delay, it is necessary to discuss the matter with your study adviser as soon as possible.
- If you have questions about the timetable or your study planning, you can make an appointment with your study adviser.
Conversations with a student counsellor are confidential and free of charge. An appointment with the student counsellor usually takes half an hour. The appointments will take place via video or regular calling. There also is a limited number of physical consultation hours at the Roeterseiland Campus (REC). You can book all appointments yourself.