For EU citizens who are studying in the UK, your rights to live in the UK will not change until 31 December 2020.
What all EU students should do to continue living in the UK
- Your rights to live in the UK will not change until 31 December 2020.
- All citizens of the EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland who are living in the UK before 31 December 2020 will be able to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS).
- The EUSS means you will be able to stay and continue to access benefits and services broadly on the same terms as now.
- If you want to stay in the UK you’ll have until at least 30 June 2021 to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Check how to continue living in the UK.
Source: Studying in the UK: guidance for EU students (Gov.uk)
What you can do now
- Check your tuition fees: ask your British university if tuition fees for next year will be affected by Brexit.
- Register with the Dutch Embassy: the UvA has no central records indicating which of our students are currently studying in the UK. We advise you to register with the Netherlands Embassy in London. This will let us know that you are studying in the UK and enable us to provide relevant information as needed in the future.