- Building A houses an underground parking facility with over 4,000 parking spaces for mopeds, motorcycles and bicycles. The main entrance is on Roetersstraat and it is indicated by signs and beach flags. It also houses a locked employee bike parking facility (access using a Staff ID Card).
- Building E, Roetersstraat 11 (basement next to main entrance). Small public bike parking facility and locked employee bike parking facility (access using staff ID card), public road next to buildings E and H, underground bike parking facility under building E. Follow cycle route from building E to building L).
- Building J/K, Valckenierstraat 65-67 (between CREA and building J/K and near building J/K on the waterside).
- Building M - Plantage Muidergracht 12 (covered bike parking facility and employee bike parking facility (access using staff ID card).
- Building P - Plantage Muidergracht 24 (temporarily closed due to renovation of the building).
Mopeds, scooters and motorcycles
There are parking spaces for motorcycles, scooters and mopeds on Nieuwe Achtergracht near building J/K and in the covered REC A bike parking facility.
Carrier cycles and odd-sized bicycles
There is a special parking facility for carrier cycles at the rear of building J/K.
Folding bikes may not be taken into the building but they can be parked and chained to a special facility created for folding bikes in the REC A, REC E and REC M bike parking facilities.
Microcars (mopeds resembling small cars) may not be parked at the campus, except with a disabled parking exemption.
Use and supervision
- The grounds of the Roeterseiland Campus are private property. The UvA and campus house rules apply to the grounds.
- Bicycles must always be parked in the designated racks. Any bicycles parked outside the racks will be removed.
- Mopeds, motorcycles and scooters must always be parked in the designated parking spaces. Any vehicles parked outside of these parking spaces will be removed.
- Microcars (mopeds resembling small cars) may not be parked at the campus.
- Parking bicycles/mopeds/scooters/motorcycles in the bike parking facilities and on the university grounds is always at your own risk. The UvA is not liable for damage, loss or theft of personal property in a bike parking facility.
- Indoor bike parking facilities must be kept accessible and clean.
- Bike coaches maintain supervision of the use of the bike parking facilities. You must always follow the instructions of the parking facility managers and bike coaches.
- At least once a year, ideally every month, any derelict bikes and those judged to be abandoned will be removed. The cost of bike locks will not be reimbursed.
- Bike coaches are present on working days at a number of locations to ensure that bikes/mopeds/scooters are parked correctly.
House rules for bicycle parking Roeterseiland Campus