Submitting your Master Thesis
Go to the website (via the link mentiond below):
- Log in with your UvA-netID
- Fill in your name, discipline and the e-mail address of the UvA-supervisor
(being the person who assesses the Thesis and is responsible for the final
mark). This approval can only be given by a member of the scientific staff of
- Upload one file (PDF or Word-document) containing the complete thesis.
- The system will generate an e-mail to the supervisor with a link which will
enable the supervisor to look at and check the thesis.
- The supervisor confirms that this is the right thesis (this means that these
are the contents for which the student has obtained a final mark of at least a
6), and that the thesis may be submitted to the files. This check replaces the
signature on the hard copy of the thesis.
- In addition the supervisor indicates whether the thesis may be disclosed to
- The supervisor has to send the final mark for the research project (dated
and signed) to the Education Service Centre, being the same procedure as for the
result of an examination.
- After the supervisor has followed this procedure an e-mail will be generated
to the Education Service Centre, so they will be informed that the application
of the certificate may be completed.
- In case there is no reaction from the supervisor the student's application
for a certificate will not be completed, and no certificate will be issued.
The system also generates an e-mail to the library, where the thesis will be
filed in the archive.
If there are no objections from the supervisor and the student against
publication the thesis will subsequently be disclosed.
In case a student objects to publication on the internet he/she, apart from
uploading the thesis, has to send an e-mail to the Education Service Centre with
the request not to publish the thesis (and the student's name); your thesis will
be stored in the archive.