Before final graduation day even comes into sight, some students see the thesis as a very difficult obstacle. This short training course is developed to help you jumpstart your thesis.
The training consists of two sessions and can help you overcome this problem.
- Don’t really know where to start
- Feeling overwhelmed at the thought of completing such a big job
- Doubting your abilities
- Want some tips and advice
If you are experiencing one or more of these uncertainties and if they are causing you to work less productively, this short trainng course is ideal for you.
The training offers:
- A project-based approach
- The exchange of useful tips
- Work on your next step
- The opportunity to talk about your research with the other participants
This will help you view your thesis as a positive challenge, or at least as a study component in which you develop the confidence to explain your research in a well-organised fashion.
This training is also offered in Dutch: 'Scriptie starten'.
Date and time
This two-day training in two sessions is offered two times in 2019-2020:
- October: Friday 11 and 25 October 2019 from 14:00 - 16:30
- February: Monday 3 and 17 February 2020 from 10:30-13:00
- Language: English
- Target group: UvA students in their final graduation phase.
- Location: Roeterseiland Campus (REC). The exact location will be made known after you have registered.
- Maximum number of participants: 12.
- The workshop is free of charge.
- You can register up to 2 months in advance. That is the reason you may not see the date of your wish in the registration form yet.
- Offered by the Student Counsellors (UvA Student Services)
for workshops, training and information sessions of the Student Counsellors
- Participation is free of charge.
- After your registration, you will receive an automatic confirmation.
- In case you’re not able to participate, please follow the link in the automatic confirmation email to cancel your participation. That way, you give your spot to one of your fellow students.
Do you have any questions? You can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Studying successfully: Tipsheets
All workshops and training courses in English (Study skills)
All workshops and training courses in Dutch (Studievaardigheden)