Please read below which steps you have to take in order to graduate and receive your diploma.
- Students who are enrolled for the thesis will receive an email from the programme administration. In this email they will be informed about the diploma application, the graduation ceremony and they will be asked to fill our and submit the graduation form.
- The registar will apply for your diploma in SIS from the moment you have 30 ECTS (Master) worth of coursework from your programme registered in SIS.
- If you do not want to graduate even though you qualify for graduation and have completed all courses and your thesis, you will have to inform the registrar within 6 weeks after the application for your diploma by the registrar. Otherwise the registrar will assume you want to graduate and will finalize the diploma application as soon as you have 60 ECTS worth of coursework in SIS.
- Your supervisor should submit your thesis grade to the programme administration before or on the deadline. The diploma application will be finalized once all your grades, including the grade for the thesis, are registered in SIS.
- You will receive your diploma during the first possible graduation ceremony, or you may pick it up after that date. Please contact the registrar if you have any questions about this.
- The graduation ceremony sessions will be allocated according to research project, which means that the availability of your supervisor will determine when your graduation ceremony will take place.
Thursday 17 October 2019
More details will be provided early September via e-mail by the registrar.
- If, at the end of the academic year, you have not yet finished your thesis or if it is unsure whether your examination date will be in the current academic year (31 August at the latest), please register yourself again in Studielink for your studies before 1 September! If you don’t, your grade cannot be booked and your diploma cannot be processed. If you are not certain if you will finish in time, please reregister just to be sure. Needless to say; you will have to pay extra tuition fees if you have to register for another (part of the) academic year - unless you finished before 31 August after all (in which case you will be refunded).
- Between 1 June and 31 August, you do not have to actively deregister, since your enrollment ends automatically at the end of the academic year (31 August) and there is no tuition fee refund for this period.
In the office: Mon, Tue, Thu
Location: Nieuwe Achtergracht 166, 1018 WV, Amsterdam, room B701
Phone: (020) 525 3777
Location: Nieuwe Achtergracht 166, 1018 WV, Amsterdam, room B700