If you comply with the rulings as mentioned in Article 5.2 Degree classifications (Iudicia) of teh Rules and regulations document. see link below, you are eligible to graduate Cum laude /with honours. The criteria for this are:
- the weighted average must be at least 8,0 prior to any rounding;
- The master’s degree in question must be completed within 2 years after the start of the first year of study of the programme after the start of the first year of study of the programme;
- The master’s degree in question must be completed within 1 year.
- Exam results that are not in the form of a grade are not included in the calculation of the grade point average;
- The cum laude classification is not awarded automatically. The student’s progress and build-up of grades are taken into account by the Examinations Board.
- No grade can be lower than a 7.0;
- The Master thesis grade is at least an 8,0 prior to any rounding;
- When a student hands in the master thesis after the deadline, it will be regarded as a retake. The student then no longer has the opportunity to graduate cum laude, unless the delay in study progress is a result of force majeure.