Dear students, We are very happy that we can see you more often at the Science Park this academic year! Unfortunately, Corona is still among us. This has consequences for the start of the academic year. From August 30, the 1.5-metre social distancing regulation will be released on campus. This means that education can take place on campus this academic year. This will go well as long as we all take our responsibility. That is why there are guidelines.
• In the campus buildings, it is mandatory to follow the walking routes and wear a face mask. The face mask can be taken off during class.
• The normal attendance requirement will also apply to foreign students. Do you have a good reason not to come to campus because you belong to a risk group? Then contact your study programme.
• Do you attend lectures (and other educational activities) with fewer than 75 students? This will then take place in the planned room on campus.
• Do you attend lectures (and other educational activities) with more than 75 students? Then in principle you will be receiving hybrid education. This means that there are 75 students in the lecture hall and that the remaining students can follow the lecture online from home or at a study workplace.
• Do you have another educational activity before or after the lecture? Then you can use the study workplace on campus. Do not stay on campus unnecessarily: go home immediately after a lecture if you do not have a follow-up lecture or other commitments.
Self-tests and hygiene
• Clean your study area beforehand and tidy up afterwards (put all rubbish in the waste bin).
• Take a self-test at least twice a week. The tests can be ordered free of charge at zelftestonderwijs.nl. Do you have corona-related complaints? Stay at home and get tested at the GGD.
• The UvA encourages you to get vaccinated. You can make an appointment via www.coronatest.nl or prikkenzonderafspraak.rijksoverheid.nl. Or visit the GGD vaccination location on the Roeterseiland campus. You don't need to make an appointment! If you have any questions or doubts about this, we are open to help you with your choice.
In addition to the guidelines, we continue to follow the coverage from the cabinet. If there are any changes, we will notify you as soon as possible. Do you want to know more? Visit the website for information on returning to campus. Do you have additional questions? Please contact your teachers.