Under certain strict conditions, it is possible to depart from the provisions relating to the curricula as established in the Teaching and Examination Regulations and submit a request for a free curriculum.
- For every free curriculum, general terms and conditions have been established with which the curriculum must comply (see below).
- In addition, the Examinations Board will decide whether or not to grant the request based on the quality and coherence of the proposed curriculum.
- For advice regarding the design and structure of the curriculum, students can contact the study adviser.
- Submit the request to the Examinations Board at least twelve months before the desired graduation date, by using the form Other requests.
- Include a detailed explanation of your motivation and an overview of knowledge and skills you expect to have gained upon completion of the curriculum.
- Please also include a summary of the courses and the workload per course, as well as an annual schedule.
General terms and conditions
The following general terms and conditions apply to the assessment of a free curriculum Bachelor's programme:
- The curriculum must comprise 180 ECTS, including a thesis worth a minimum of 12 ECTS.
- The curriculum must in any case include one of the set of skills courses that are compulsory for all students (research skills acquisition and academic writing) and one of the set of courses in the Philosophy of the Humanities.
- The curriculum must include at least 108 ECTS at the post-propaedeutic level.