Course catalogue 2019-2020
Please check the course catalogue regularly for updates.
Course Registration Guide
You can download the course registration guide through the link below.
- Course registration is only for the entire semester.
- Course registration is on a first come, first served basis. Available places in courses are limited and fill up quickly.
- Courses cannot be added or changed after the course registration deadline. Your course registration for the whole semester (all blocks!) is final after this date.
- The fulltime course load is 30 EC (European Credits) per semester. Especially for students taking courses in block 1 and 2 only we recommend a course load not exceeding 24 EC, and not exceeding more than two courses worth 6 EC.
- You are allowed to register for a maximum of 36 EC credits per semester including waitlisted courses. Students who exceed the semester load limit will be removed from all courses
Please read the course registration guide for other important information and for the instructions on how to register.
Students can access the course catalogue, time tables and SIS (the Student Information System which the UvA uses for course registration) through this website.
Important other notes
- You can only get credits for courses you have registered for. Failure to show up at the first session can lead to exclusion from the course.
- You are allowed to drop a course in the first week of the block.
- If you do not succeed in registering for a course which is listed in our course catalogue please contact us as soon as possible, but before 17th of December.