Which modifications have been made?
During the past year, various REC locations were investigated to see where improvements could be made. This led to a number of modifications being made in the past months (including building alterations). We will be continuing this work the coming time. What has been addressed?
- At REC A and REC BCD, the stairs have been given visual markings to aid individuals with a visual impairment.
- At REC A and REC BC, additional signage was installed to make the route to the large lecture rooms clear to wheelchair users.
- At REC BC and REC E, heavy doors have been fitted with electric door-closers. The doors to the lecture rooms in REC A and REC C were modified during the summer period with few lectures.
- The lecture rooms in REC A and REC C have a functioning hearing loop (ringleiding). Room C002 will be fitted with a hearing loop this summer.
- A number of toilets are not designed in a manner that make them fully usable for a small percentage of wheelchair users. After consultation with the health and safety officer and the Student for Disability Platform, the decision was taken not to modify the toilets. These toilets now have posters that point out roomier wheelchair-accessible toilets.
- At REC B, one of the toilets has been made suitable for wheelchair users who use a hoist.
- The lifts are being fitted with fold-out seats and mirrors which are intended as aids for individuals with reduced mobility.
Tips or suggestions: what can be improved?
Do you have any questions about our building accessibility? Or do you have any suggestions how the accessibility of buildings, rooms or facilities can be improved?
Please let us know! Send your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.