- When you become a student at the UvA, you first have to request a Student ID card. For this you need a UvAnetID (every starting student receives an email with a UvAnetID and password)
- Go to myuvacard to upload your passport photo for the Student ID card. Please ensure that your passport photo satisfies at least the following criteria:
- It must be a clear, recent passport-quality passport photo. The photo must be clear and detailed and must provide sufficient contrast (not too light or too dark).
- It must be a good likeness of you.
- The file must be a JPEG file.
- The file must be no smaller than 50 KB and no bigger than 3 MB.
- Your face (chin, mouth, nose, eyes and eyebrows) must be fully visible, even with head covering, and you must be facing forwards.
- The main part of the photo must be your face.
- The photo must be of one person only.
- The photo can be colour or black and white.
- Photos with a Snapchat (or similar) filter are not permitted.
Please note: Your student ID card also serves as a proof of identity. When you use an unclear or unusable picture your student ID card will not be considered valid.
- If you are starting your programme in September, the card will be sent to the address that you registered in August. Please note: if you registered an international address you will receive an email to let you know where you can pick up your student ID card.
- When your card is ready you will receive an email on when and where to come and collect it. You will need to present a valid proof of identity (ID card or passport).
- After you receive your card, go as soon as possible – and before 1 October – to a service point to activate your student ID card. You will need to present your new student ID card plus a valid proof of identity (ID card or passport). The locations of the service points are listed below.
Please note: You will also need to activate your student ID card so that you can use it to make payments.