It is important that all UvA students receive the same reimbursement, regardless of whether you have the Dutch nationality and have student finance or not.
Conditions for financial support
To be eligible for financial support, you must meet the following conditions:
- The circumstances that caused the study delay are serious and personal.
- You can prove that there was actually an illness or exceptional family circumstances, for example by means of a statement from your family doctor/GP, specialist or psychologist.
Arrangements with your Study adviser or Student counsellor
- You have informed the Study adviser or Student counsellor within three months after the particular circumstances started or occurred.
- You have carefully followed the arrangements drawn up with your Study adviser or Student counsellor, for example interim termination of enrolment and stopping student grants and loans.
- You have carefully followed the arrangements drawn up with your Study adviser, for example interim termination of enrolment and stopping student grants and loans.
- The study programme at the UvA is the first Bachelor’s or Master’s programme you are enrolled in. Please note that previous education in other countries are taken into account as well.
- You are in the so-called ‘nominal’ phase of the programme (3 years Bachelor’s or 1 or 2 years Master’s)
- You were enrolled as a full-time student during the delay
- The delay is at least 5 Ects (1 month) for the whole academic year.
- You have obtained less than 60 EC (and more than 30 EC)
- You pay your tuition fees at the UvA.
Amount of financial support
For UvA students who do not have Dutch student finance, the financial compensation is set at an amount of €275 per month of the delay, with a maximum of 6 months per academic year.
How and where do you request financial support?
Make an appointment with the Student counsellors no later than 31 December of the academic year in which the exceptional circumstances occurred. You must also fill in the form Request for financial support before 31 December (the form itself plus the required attachments).