You can acquire the Scientific Workplace software via UvAcommunities. However, it is important to note that you will require a UvA email address to register.
Step-by-step plan to downloading the software:
- Go to UvAcommunities and log in using your UvAnetID.
- This will take you to the Membership menu. In the middle menu, click on the 'Sites open for registration' tab.
- In the search field to the right, type 'ScientificWorkplace' and click on 'Search'.
- Click ‘Register’.
- Next, use the middle menu to navigate to 'My current sites'.
- Click on 'Scientific Workplace'.
- In the menu on the left, go to 'Files', where you will find the software and instructions.
Registration during installation
- As registration confirmation, select automated webservice.
- Fill in your initials, surname and UvA email address.
- In the 'Company' field, fill in: UvA.
- You will not need to fill in any other fields.
In your UvA mailbox, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to process the registration in Scientific Workplace. The registration procedure can take up to 24 hours to be completed.
Please note that the package can only be used after the registration email has been received and has been further processed in the software. Any manners of receipt other than 'email' are not verified by ICTS and will not be supported.
Renewing a licence
Select 'Register' in the 'Help' menu. You can re-register with the same serial number. Also fill in your UvA email address. The new licence file will be sent to you by email.