MathWorks’ Matlab is a programme for numerical calculations, visualisation and programming. You can use Matlab to analyse data, develop algorithms and create models and applications. You can download the software through Surfconext and the MathWorks portal.
Start working with Mathlab
- Go to the MathWorks portal and use your UvAnetID login.
- MathWorks will ask you to create an account. Please use your UvAmail (not your personal mail) to sign up and choose a safe password (different from your UvAnetID). You will need the password when installing the software.
- Hit the button ‘Get Matlab and Simulink’.
- Follow the next steps and accept the Online Services Agreement.
- Activate your MathWorks account through the mail and start the installation of Matlab and Simulink. It will take you approximately 10 minutes.
Please note! The MathWorks account enables you to store files in the MathWorks Drive. We discourage the use of MathWorks Drive because of privacy reasons. Instead please use UvA storage services.
Extending your Matlab license
Your Matlab license is valid for one year. Upon the expiration date you will receive a message. Should you want to keep using Matlab you can confirm your status as a student and continue working for another year.