Several private insurance companies such as Aon Student Insurance offer sufficient coverage for international students:
- Medical conditions
- Psychological conditions
- Medical costs for a minimum of €500,000
- Costs made due to HIV/Aids
Please make sure your insurance covers you for the entire duration of your stay in the Netherlands.
AON Student Insurance
Follow the link to learn more about AON’s Student Insurance ICS Complete+.
AON’s Student Insurance ICS Complete+
If you wish to purchase this insurance and you do not have an address yet, you can use the address of UvA Student Services:
- UvA Student Services
P.O. Box 15832
1001 NH Amsterdam
- Please note that the Student Services address is for initial registration purposes only. UvA Student Services does not forward any postal mail received by AON, so you need to adjust the registered address as soon as you have arrived in the Netherlands.
Working and health insurance
You are required to take out Dutch basic health insurance:
- If you start a (part-time) job
- If you start an internship that pays at least the Dutch minimum wage
Dutch basic health insurance