- Staff and students must treat everyone who works and/or studies at the UvA
with politeness and respect.
- Staff and students must be alert to undesirable behaviour.
- Staff and students must always challenge undesirable behaviour either by
talking directly to the person in question or by seeking help from a third
- Staff and students are encouraged to report their complaints.
- The submission of a complaint must never have negative consequences for the
- All reports are treated as strictly confidential.
- All formal complaints will be investigated objectively and thoroughly.
- Appropriate corrective measures will be taken as soon as possible against
anyone within the organisation who harasses another person or causes offence on
the basis of gender, beliefs or origin.
This code of conduct applies to all UvA staff and students in their
- UvA staff and students
- others working for the UvA, such as visiting lecturers, secondees, trainees
and agency workers
- employees of third parties, i.e. hired and agency workers working on UvA
- visitors to the UvA
See also Article 1.12 of the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch
universities (CAO NU).