For best experience please turn on javascript and use a modern browser!
You are using a browser that is no longer supported by Microsoft. Please upgrade your browser. The site may not present itself correctly if you continue browsing.

Requesting a degree certificate

In SIS, you can request a Bachelor’s, Master’s, propaedeutic year or 'doctoraal' (initial university degree) certificate online.

Please note: This does not apply for everyone. For details of the procedure, view the specific information for your faculty or degree programme in the links below. There are also general rules that apply and you should read these carefully.

General rules

The following rules apply to anyone wishing to request a degree certificate:

  • The UvA will only issue the degree certificate if you have met the specific requirements to qualify for it, if your tuition fees have been paid in full and if you are legally enrolled at the UvA and for the degree programme for which you are requesting the degree certificate.
  • The UvA will terminate your enrolment in effect from the first day of the month after you have submitted a request to terminate enrolment via Studielink. It is not possible to terminate enrolment retroactively.

Your entitlement to financial assistance for students (grants and loans) will lapse in effect from the date on which your enrolment at the University is terminated. You are responsible for cancelling your grant or loan and public transport pass for students.  You should do this via the DUO website.

Specific information for each faculty/domain

View the specific information on graduating for your faculty or domain.