Some of the regulations included in the document are:
- Extra-curricular courses are not included in the graduation requirements and do not count for the Cum Laude distinction.
- There is no limit to the number of EC obtained for extra-curricular courses for the Bachelor’s and Master's programmes at UvA Economics and Business.
- Extra-curricular courses have to comply with the same conditions as electives.
- Exemptions cannot be obtained in the extra-curricular space.
Request for extra-curricular courses
Did you take courses outside your mandatory study programme that you wish to include in your diploma supplement? This is what you have to do:
Courses obtained at UvA Economics and Business or another UvA Faculty
Follow the instructions in the Extra-curricular courses UvA to apply to add this course via a Replacement request in SIS. You can submit your request once you have added the URL of the course catalogue to your request. Besides that, there is no need to hand in any additional documents such as a grades list. Your request will be checked and subsequently approved or rejected by the Board of Examiners Economics and Business. The processing time of the application is 6 weeks.
Courses obtained at another Dutch university or a university abroad
After you know for certain which courses you will take abroad, you are advised to a submit a request. Follow the instruction in the form Digital request form approval courses to submit a request.
- Please note: The Board of Examiners will only process this request if you have uploaded a course description including literature and weekly topics for all the courses you wish to add to your study programme.
- All documents should be in Dutch or English (or a translation should be added).
- As soon as the application is complete you will receive a receipt by email. The Board of Examiners will make a decision within six weeks.
- If you have not yet submitted an official transcript you will receive a conditional decision.
- Immediately after you receive an official transcript you should hand it in at the Education Desk. The courses will be registered in SIS after the Education Desk has received an official transcript that corresponds to the conditionally approved courses.
- The courses obtained abroad will receive the grade 'AVV' and they do not count towards Cum Laude.