What does a Programme Committee do?
A PC has the following tasks:
- Issue recommendations on the Teaching and Examination Regulations (OER) of the study programme. It also has the right of approval on certain subjects of the OER;
- Assess the manner in which the Teaching and Examination Regulations are implemented each year (the OC carries out an assessment by examining the teaching evaluations, the course catalogue and the course syllabi);
- Issue (un)solicited advice to the programme director or the College or Graduate School director on all educational matters within the study programme.
The PC also issues recommendations:
- to the College or the Graduate Schools director (and supports him/her);
- on the study programmes and policymaking within the College and the Gratuate Schools;
- on the quality of the study programmes;
- on the quality of the academic student counselling;
- on the quality of the connection of the bachelor’s programme with the subsequent master’s programme.
These tasks are described in the EB Faculty Regulations.
Which Programme Committees do we have?
At Economics and Business we have 6 PC’s:
- Programme Committee Business Administration (chair: Alex Alexiev)
- Programme Committee Actuarial Sciences and Econometrics chair: Florian Wagener)
- Programme Committee BSc Economics and Business Economics & Fiscal Economics (chair: Koen Vermeylen)
- Programme Committee MSc Economics and Business Economics and Fiscal Economics (chair: Naomi Leefmans)
- Programme Committee MSc Accountancy and Control & Finance (chair: Jeroen Ligterink)
- Executive programmes (chair: Rob van Meurs)
Composition and appointment
Each PC consists of an equal representation of both lecturers and students. The position of chairman is fulfilled by a lecturer, the position of vice-chairman is a student. Lecturers are appointed for a term of 2 years, students for a period of 1 year. After this term members can be re-appointed.
For comments or inquiries about educational matters, or if you are you interested in a position in the PC, send an email to:
To contact the student members of the Programme Committees, send an email to: