The most important rules of behaviour:
- Do the examination in a quiet room (free of music or any other background noise) with good lighting.
- Make sure that you have a good internet connection. If the connection is interrupted for more than 15 minutes, your examination attempt may be declared invalid by the Board of Examiners. The same will apply if you leave the examination more than three times before submitting your attempt.
- At the beginning of the examination, slowly move your webcam (during the desk scan) to clearly show your entire desk and the aids you are going to use during the examination.
- If other aids are permitted, they must be kept in view for five seconds at the beginning of the examination.
Be on time. If you are more than 10 minutes late for your examination (i.e. starting work on it), it will not be marked and thus will be invalid, even if you are still able to continue working on the exam.
Use of materials
- Simple foam earplugs are permitted and must be shown to the camera for at least five seconds at the beginning of your exam.
- You will be allowed to use an external webcam, blank (scrap) paper (and writing utensils) and have food and drink during the examination.
- It is not allowed to use other hardware, virtual or otherwise (for example: headphones, advanced earplugs, a virtual microphone or a second screen).
- Do the examination by yourself. Remember that you are not allowed to consult other people or sources or use other resources at any point during the examination.
- Do not look away from your screen more than you should.
- You need to remain visible and stay seated at all times. You may not leave the room during the exam.
- Your head and torso must be visible throughout the entire exam.
Use of screen and exam tabs
- Never stop screen sharing during the exam.
- Tip: use the ‘Hide’ option to prevent yourself from accidentally hitting the ‘Stop sharing’ button.
- Always leave the exam opened in a tab, even if the exam requires navigating to another tab.
- Please note: if you accidentally close the exam tab, re-open the exam as quickly as possible, since this could otherwise result in your exam being invalidated.
- You may not open any other applications or browser tabs, unless indicated in the exam instructions on the cover page of your exam.
The Rules and Guidelines of the Examinations Board are also in full force during an online exam with Proctorio. This includes discussing the exam, also via app is not allowed while someone is still taking the exam. Please note that there are almost always students with extra time.