When the exam begins you first need to do Proctorio pre-checks. These are the three checks:
1. a system diagnostics test
2. an identification check
Make sure to have your student ID card* ready.
*A student ID card is mandatory during all (interim) exams. So please do request your student ID card if you do not yet have one. If you live abroad and do not have a student ID card, or you do not have a student ID card yet for another reason, then you can use an alternative form of identity document. In such cases, it is important for you to cover your identification number and signature (with tape or just by putting your finger over these) to protect your privacy.
3. a desk scan and showing the permitted materials you will use
How you do this:
• Pick up your laptop or webcam.
• Point it away from you, holding it about one meter from the right or left edge of your desk.
• Very slowly, film the desk from one edge to the other, taking at least 15 seconds.
• Sit down again and film your own view to film what is behind your laptop/desktop computer.
• Show your scrap paper (if you are using any) by holding it up to the camera one by one on both sides for at least five seconds each side. Your scrap paper should be blank.
• Hold all other permitted materials to the camera one by one as well, for at least five seconds each.