Your tuition fee needs to be credited to the UvA’s bank account one day before your degree programme starts at the latest, so 31 August for a September start and 31 Januari for a February start.
Studielink will be open for payment from 12 May.
If you choose to pay in terms, you need to confirm this in Studielink also one day before your degree programme starts at the latest. For example, if you start on 1 September, the payment deadline is 31 August.
If the UvA does not receive your tuition fee on time, you will not be enrolled and you will not be entitled to attend classes or receive financial assistance or reimbursement for public transport.
You can pay your tuition fee as follows:
You can arrange the direct debit payment of your tuition fees through Studielink.
Please consider the following:
• You can pay the tuition fees in full or in 10 instalments. If you are enrolled in a pre-Master’s programme, you may pay the tuition fees in full or in 5 instalments. A one-off administrative fee of € 24 will be added to the first instalment.
• You can authorise the UvA to withdraw the payment from your own account or a third party can authorise the UvA to withdraw the payment from their account on your behalf.
• It is not possible to authorise a direct debit from a foreign bank account, unless the bank is in a country which is a member of the SEPA area.
• A direct debit authorisation is only possible once you have received confirmation, so keep an eye on your ‘To do’ list in Studielink, as well as your inbox.
An overview of the payment dates is availanle under Direct debits.
You can change your own bank account in Studielink.
Make sure to do so at least 5 working days in advance, otherwise we will try to withdraw the amount from your former bank account.
If somebody else is paying your tuition fees you can change their details by using the form Change my authorisation used for direct debits. The form requires your UvAnetID to log in.
You can change this by using the form Change my authorisation used for direct debits.
If you have any questions about your direct debit authorisation, contact the Digital Student Service Desk or call +31 (0)20 525 1401.
For this type of payment direct debit terms and conditions are applicable.
If you want to pay your tuition fees directly to the UvA, you have three options:
• credit card
• bank transfer
• bank transfer from a non-Dutch account
You can only pay with credit card if you are a student from outside the EU/EEA. Credit card payment is not possible for pre-Master's programmes.
Check Studielink to see which tuition fee rate applies to you and indicate in Studielink that whether you or someone else is paying your tuition fees. If you want to pay by credit card, please complete this form. You will receive a payment link which allows you to pay by card.
Please note: credit card payments are subject to a surcharge. Please ensure that your payment is sufficient to cover the tuition fee and the surcharge. Only then will the UvA be able to process your payment.
Check Studielink to see which tuition fee rate applies to you and indicate in Studielink that whether you or someone else is paying your tuition fees.
Transfer the tuition fee amount to bank account number NL26DEUT0436855232, under the name of University of Amsterdam, in Amsterdam. Be sure to include your last name and student ID number on the transfer. Without this information your payment cannot be processed.
Payment details University of Amsterdam
Address of our bank: Deutsche Bank: De Entree 195, 1101 HE Amsterdam
BIC or Swift code: DEUTNL2N
Please ensure that, in addition to any transaction fees charged by the bank for international transfers, you have paid the tuition fees owed in full.
If you are also enrolled at an education institution other than the UvA and pay the statutory tuition fee there, you do not have to pay any tuition fees at the UvA. Please request a ‘Proof of Payment’ from the other institution and submit it to the Central Student Service Desk.
• You have paid a statutory fee that covers the same period at another higher education institution in the Netherlands. If the statutory fee you have paid at the other institution is lower than the fee owed to the UvA, you will have to pay the difference to the UvA.
• You have paid the statutory tuition fees at another higher education institution in the Netherlands and you are enrolled at the UvA for a pre-Master's programme at the same time.
• You have paid the statutory tuition fees at another higher education institution in the Netherlands and you are enrolled at the UvA as a guest student. If the statutory fee you have paid at the other institution is lower than the fee owed to the UvA, you will have to pay the difference to the UvA.
You cannot use a ‘Proof of Payment’ if you are required to pay the institutional fee to the UvA. You must then pay the full amount owed, even if you are also paying the institutional fee at another higher education institution in the Netherlands.
If you meet the requirements, please upload your ‘Proof of Payment’, complete with your student ID number, through your Enrolment Checklist.
It may happen that your institution sends the Proof of Payment directly to the UvA. If this is the case, you'll be notified after you've requested the Proof of Payment.
Your tuition fee should be paid (and deposited in the UvA bank account) before the start of your degree programme. Timely payment is still your own responsibility.
• By authorising a direct debit to pay the amount owed in full or in ten instalments via Studielink. Indicate in Studielink that someone else is paying your tuition fees.
• Using a credit card.
• By bank transfer - you can find the details under I want to pay in one instalment.
Your employer can pay your tuition fees as follows:
1. Indicate in Studielink that someone else is paying your tuition fees.
2. Request an invoice for the tuition fees via the Digital Student Service Desk.
3. Request an advance payment on the tuition fees via the Self-Service Tool. Go to Self-service > Expenses and advances.
4. Enter 'Advance for study costs and study programme' after 'Description' and enter your department’s cost centre (ask your supervisor/ line manager if you don't know).
5. The advance payment will be paid into your bank account within 10 working days.
6. Transfer the advance payment before 1 September to bank account number NL26DEUT0436855232, which is a Deutsche Bank account, under the name of University of Amsterdam in Amsterdam.
In the bank transfer, be sure to include your student number and surname. Only with this information will the UvA be able to process your payment.
7. After you've received the invoice, settle the advance payment in the Self-Service Tool. Go to Self-service > Expenses and advances. Attach the invoice and the proof of payment.