For best experience please turn on javascript and use a modern browser!
You are using a browser that is no longer supported by Microsoft. Please upgrade your browser. The site may not present itself correctly if you continue browsing.

Student Services

Before, during and after your studies, different matters directly involving, or indirectly influencing your studies, may arise. Where do you go with your questions? Student Services, the Education desk, and your Study adviser are here for you.

Student Services

Student Services is the first point of contact for general questions about studying at the UvA. You can take training courses on study skills and career orientation, and join information sessions on studying abroad. We also have professionals available who can support and guide you with study-related issues or personal circumstances that are causing delay in your studies:

  • Service to internationals: Housing and Immigration


    The UvA offers a housing service to international first-year Bachelor’s and Master’s students, and and exchange students (short stay), as well as to international PhDs and other UvA staff (long stay). The central Housing department is part of Student Services.


    New international students are assisted in arranging official procedures for residence permits and other practical matters by the Immigration team at Student Services.

Education desk

Looking for help on questions related to your study programme, for example, schedules, grades, books? Then contact the Education Desk at your faculty. You'll find the contact details, at the contact page of your study programme.

Study adviser

Need assistance with personal situations that affect your study planning or health? Then contact your study adviser. For the contact details, go to the contact page of your study programme.