If you expect to be eligible for the extra resit, please read the information below carefully to make sure that you meet all the requirements.
Requirements for an extra resit
Whom is this extra resit for?
An extra resit can only be granted once for the last course of the programme to students who are registered for a Bachelor’s or Master’s programme at UvA Economics and Business (EB), as well as to students enrolled in an Economics and Business major. Pre-Master’s, minor-, guest- and contract education (CEB) students are not eligible for an extra resit.
Conditions for taking the extra resit
Bachelor’s and Master’s students of Economics and Business may take an extra resit in August provided the following conditions are met:
- The course is offered within one of the programmes of UvA Economics and Business.
- The student has successfully completed all courses, except one, of the programme.
- The thesis must be completed no later than the first opportunity of academic year 2021-2022.
- The student has used both exam opportunities in the current academic year.
- A mark of at least 5.0 has been obtained for one of the abovementioned examinations.
When and how should the request be submitted?
You can file a request for the extra resit opportunity through an online form which will be published here mid-June.
When does the extra resit take place?
The extra resit will take place in August 2022. The exact date will be announced later in the academic year.