Filing your request
In order to transfer you need to have obtained a positive binding study advice or a firstyear-certificate for Economics and Business. Then determine which programme fits best what you have already done. You can check out the course catalogue for the programmes.
You can request a transfer with the Board of Examiners. File your request before 8 June 2021 if you want to switch per 1 September 2021. If you want to switch per 1 February 2022, file your request before 1 December 2021.
Assessing your request
After you have filed your request, the Board of Examiners uses the transition arrangements to determine which courses from your old programme you can take with you to your new programme. Some of these courses will be transferred to your transcript with a grade, others will result in exemptions. Please be aware that you will not be able to transfer all your old courses and you will have to do some additional courses of the new programme including your thesis. This will cause a study delay of about a year. For the complete transfer procedure, please check out the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Examiners.
Once your request has been approved, the Board of Examiners provides you with an overview of courses that can be transferred and courses that you still need to pass. Exemptions granted on the basis of old courses have a 6 year validity. Courses that you are allowed to transfer with the grade keep their original a six year validity that will be extended at the transfer if necessary.
Enrolment in Studielink
Enrol as an Advanced-year student in the Bachelor’s programme Economics and Business Economics or Business Administration. Do this as soon as possible and no later than 31 August 2021.
- I passed the course Bachelor’s Thesis and Thesis Seminar (12 EC) / Bachelorscriptie en Afstudeerseminar (12 EC) and my grade is registered in SIS. I am switching to a new bachelor’s programme. Can I apply my passed thesis course to my new programme?
No, the 12 EC thesis course is not offered in the new programme. It is not possible to receive credit for your previously passed 12 EC thesis course in the new programme or to receive an exemption for the 6 EC thesis course on the basis of your previously passed 12 EC thesis course. In your case, you will need to write a new thesis in order to pass the 6 EC thesis course in your new programme.
- I am currently enrolled in the course Bachelor’s Thesis and Thesis Seminar (12 EC) / Bachelorscriptie en Afstudeerseminar (12 EC) but have not yet handed in my thesis. I am switching to a new bachelor’s programme. Can I apply my thesis to my new programme?
You must discuss this with the thesis course coordinator. The coordinator can decide whether your current thesis is suitable for the 6 EC course and whether it is sufficient to hand in next year in the second semester. Keep in mind that it may not be possible to apply your current thesis to the new programme and that you may have to write a new thesis.
- I passed the course Bachelor’s Thesis and Thesis Seminar (6 EC) and my grade is registered in SIS. I am switching to a new bachelor’s programme. Can I apply my passed thesis course to my new programme?
Yes, the 6 EC thesis is a required component of the new programme. Therefore if you passed this course for your chosen specialisation, then the 6 EC thesis course will be included on your transcript along with the grade that you earned for the course.
- Starting a Master's with corona-related study delay
Admissions to the Master’s programme
- Because I am switching to a new Bachelor’s programme, I am no longer unconditionally eligible to the Master’s programme that I was directly admissible for with my old Bachelor’s programme Economics and Business. What can I do?
Get in touch with the Study Advisers. Together we will see what your options are.
Should I submit a switch request?
- Should I file a request to switch to a new Bachelor’s programme if it is not yet clear whether I will be able to graduate in my old Bachelor’s programme Economics and Business this year?
Yes, we recommend that you take the necessary steps to implement both your Plan B, including filing your request to switch to a new programme, and your Plan A, including requesting your degree certificate. This ensures that in both scenarios you will be all set to continue with your studies in 2021-2022.
If you still have questions regarding the possibilities to transfer, please contact the study advisers.