In the final year of the Bachelor’s programme you will do an internship. This internship will give you the opportunity to gain relevant work experience, and apply your academic knowledge in a professional setting. Moreover, the internship will enable you to develop and apply practical skills while using the knowledge you have gained during the programme.
- The entry requirement for the internship is 72 ECTS credits from the Bachelor's programme excluding electives but including Introduction to Communication Science and Methods of Communication Research.
- It is your responsibility to contact organisations and to apply for a position.
- The internship should be related to the field of communication science.
- Before you are allowed to start an internship, you have to hand in a short internship proposal. After this proposal has been approved by the internship coordinator, you can start your internship. More information about the procedure can be found in the internship manual.
- The internship should take at least three months.
- Conducting research is an important part of the internship: this should take up at least one-third of your working hours.
Animation clip ‘Internship Tips and Tricks’
Watch the animation clip ‘Internship Tips and Tricks’ for a summary of the internship procedures, guidance and learning goals.