Are you dealing with issues around study motivation? In these 4 workshops, we'll help you boost it! You'll be introduced to different aspects of motivation and we'll look at how you can get and stay motivated. Also, you'll be encouraged to reflect on your thoughts and behaviour towards your study. You'll practice implementing the discussed techniques and theories in your personal preferences and situation. During the cycle, each week we'll discuss a different aspect of motivation.
Dates and times 2021-2022 (1st semester)
These workshops are organised as a cycle of 4 separate ones. The themes are comprised of closely connected aspects of motivation. You can choose how many workshops you want to participate in - one, two, three or all four. You need to register for each workshop separately.
Workshop 1: Boost your motivation
- Monday 6 September 2021 from 09:30-10:30 (online)
- Monday 1 November 2021 from 09:30-10:30 (online)
- Monday 3 January 2022 from 09:30-10:30 (online)
Workshop 2: Relaxation & making an effort
- Monday 20 September 2021 from 09:30-10:30 (online)
- Monday 15 November 2021 from 09:30-10:30 (online)
- Monday 17 January 2022 from 09:30-10:30 (online)
Workshop 3: The art of failing
- Monday 4 October 2021 from 09:30-10:30 (online)
- Monday 29 November 2021 from 09:30-10:30 (online)
- Monday 31 January 2022 from 09:30-10:30 (online)
Workshop 4: Procrastination & planning
- Monday 18 October 2021 from 09:30-10:30 (online)
- Monday 13 December 2021 from 09:30-10:30 (online)
- Costs: This training is free of charge.
- Location: Roeterseilandcampus - after registration, you’ll receive specific information about the exact location
- Language: This training is offered in English and is open to Dutch and English-speaking students.
- Registration: You can register if you are currently studying at the UvA or the HvA or graduated no more than 1 year ago. Registration is possible 10 weeks up to 2 days in advance. Please note: Demand for this training often exceeds the available spots. We kindly ask you to register once you’re sure that you will attend only.
Please note: Make sure you choose the correct date for the workshop you want to follow!
Other workshops and training for international students
We have other training and workshops about studying effectively. You can find them all here: Study skills for international students.
You can also check out these tip sheets for studying successfully: Study skills (pdf’s)
Do you have any questions? Mail us at email@example.com.