For best experience please turn on javascript and use a modern browser!
You are using a browser that is no longer supported by Microsoft. Please upgrade your browser. The site may not present itself correctly if you continue browsing.

The Christmas break for primary school pupils will start a week earlier. This means that colleagues with children face an additional challenge that further increases their workload at a time when the workload for all of us is already very high. To assist with this, various leave schemes are available, but it is also possible to claim back the cost of a babysitter, and teachers and educational support staff can use the emergency children’s day care service.

Leave schemes

You can make use of existing leave schemes (such as holiday entitlement, parental leave, care leave, urgent leave and the special leave scheme), classing them as ‘coronavirus leave’. This option has been available for quite some time, but we have not seen many of our colleagues use it. We do recommend the use of this option, especially in this situation.

Childcare for children of people working in crucial sectors

Teachers and support staff who are needed to provide education can make use of emergency childcare center services. If you are asked to show evidence of your profession, this can be provided by your supervisor.

Reimbursement for a childminder

You can also be reimbursed for the costs of having a childminder in your own home. Do please ensure that the childminder is registered with the Chamber of Commerce and that you are given an invoice. You can claim for a maximum of € 10,- per hour for 2 days (8 hours each) a week.

Find out how to make use of these schemes here.

(Self)testing is important!

If you have COVID-related symptoms, get tested at the Municipal Health Service (GGD) or perform a self-test. Still having symptoms the next day? Perform a new self-test. If a self-test shows a positive result, always get tested at the GGD.

Find more information on quarantine, vaccination and (self)testing here.

Planning on coming to campus?

Find out which additional measures are in place in order to ensure everyone's safety.

More information on education in the academic year 2021/2022

You can find more information on the academic year 2021/2022 here. Information on exams will be provided by your specific program.

Other information

For answers to any other questions, see the FAQs on the coronavirus page.