Last update: 22 June 2020
Entrance and exit protocol
The new 1.5 metre regulations apply at all UvA Science locations. At Science Park 904 this means:
- All students and staff must make use of the main entrance of Science Park 904, with exception of students who are coming in for practical education in Building F or G; they make use of the entrance at those locations.
- The entrance and exit are separate. There is a revolving door for incoming building users and another revolving door for outgoing building users.
- You will be received by a facility host upon entry and you must register by scanning your UvA ID card. Upon exiting, you again scan your ID.
- Students who wish to study at Science Park can book a study space on the University Library website. Upon arrival at Science Park, they are required to check in with their student ID card and report to the library desk. They then receive a placemat which they can take to their designated study space. Students are only allowed to work in the publicly accessible study areas.
- Traffic flows are regulated with signposts. For example, the traffic flows on the large staircase in the hall are separated by a chain, you go up the stairs on the right, and down the stairs on the left. In the rest of the building walking routes and directions are also indicated by means of signposts.
Please make sure you follow the rules when you need to enter the building. This way we can guarantee each other's health and safety as much as possible.
General rules and guidelines
- Working and studying from home is the norm
- The guidelines from the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM) apply without exception: keep a minimum distance of 1.5m and take care of your personal hygiene. Please note: if you are experiencing a cold, runny nose, sneezing, achy throat, light cough or elevated body temperature, you must stay at home and are not allowed to access the building. This rule also applies when someone in your household experiences likewise symptoms and a fever.
- If for any reason your circumstances do not allow you to work from home, it is possible – in consultation with your supervisor – to work at Science Park 904
- If there is absolutely no way to study at home, students are allowed to come to Science Park 904 to study
- Faculty building staff makes regular rounds to see to ensure a safe environment and see to it that the access rules are adhered to
Additional rules for working in the labs
In addition to the above, the following applies when working in the labs:
- You need permission from your institute manager in order to work in the lab. This means that the institute manager receives a planning and is informed well in advance on who works in which lab at what time, and the nature of the works being carried out. Based on this information, the institute manager assesses whether safety is ensured and will not grant permission if they judge this is not the case.
- Normal rules and regulations regarding a safe working environment apply without exception. At least two people should be present in the labs. The Faculty of Science ensures there is enough trained company emergency response staff, including team leaders, available.
- Science Park 904 Buildings A, B, C and D are open with limited hours (Monday to Friday: 07:00-22:00; weekends from 10:00-18:00)
- Science Park 904 Building E is only open for authorised staff. Hours: Monday to Friday: 07:00-22:00; weekends from 10:00-18:00
- Science Park 904 Buildings F and G are open Monday to Friday from 10:00 to 19:00. Practicals may scheduled there until 22:00, in which case opening hours will be adjusted accordingly.
- Science Park 107 is only accessible for authorised staff. From 1 July the building will be re-open with limited opening hours: Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 19:00. Consult with institute manager before coming to the office.
- The Faculty of Science Pavillion in the Startup Village is only accessible for authorised staff. From 1 July the building will be re-open with limited opening hours: Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 18:00. Consult with institute manager before coming to the office.
- Building H and the AUC are closed.
For questions and or concerns about a safe working- and study environment, please contact the Buildings, Health, Safety and Environment (Gebouwen, Arbo en Milieu) staff at: GAMfirstname.lastname@example.org