Archiving your Master's Thesis
Go to the website (via the link mentiond below):
- Log in with your UvA-netID
- Fill in your name, discipline and the e-mail address of the UvA-supervisor (being the person who assesses the Thesis and is responsible for the final mark). This approval can only be given by a member of the scientific staff of the UvA.
- Upload one file (PDF or Word-document) containing the complete thesis.
- The system will generate an e-mail to the supervisor with a link which will enable the supervisor to look at and check the thesis.
- The supervisor confirms that this is the right thesis (this means that these are the contents for which the student has obtained a final mark of at least a 6), and that the thesis may be submitted to the files. This check replaces the signature on the hard copy of the thesis.
- In addition the supervisor indicates whether the thesis may be disclosed to the public.
- The supervisor has to send the final mark for the research project (dated and signed) to the Education Service Centre, being the same procedure as for the result of an examination.
- After the supervisor has followed this procedure an e-mail will be generated to the Education Service Centre, so they will be informed that the application of the certificate may be completed.
- In case there is no reaction from the supervisor the student's application for a certificate will not be completed, and no certificate will be issued.
The system also generates an e-mail to the library, where the thesis will be filed in the archive.
If there are no objections from the supervisor and the student against publication the thesis will subsequently be disclosed.
In case a student objects to publication on the internet he/she, apart from uploading the thesis, has to send an e-mail to the Education Service Centre with the request not to publish the thesis (and the student's name); your thesis will be stored in the archive.