Academic calendar - ALS
Faculty of Law
The calendars below contains all the important dates for the Faculty of Law academic year, including instruction periods, exam weeks and course registration periods. More information on registration deadlines is available on the Course Registrations page linked below.
Periods of Instruction, 2014-2015
The academic year is divided into two, 21-week semesters. These semesters are further divided into three blocks.
|Mon 1 Sept - Fri 24 Oct||
|Mon 27 Oct - Fri 19 Dec||
|Mon 5 Jan - Fri 30 Jan||
|Mon 2 Feb - Fri 27 March||
|Mon 30 March - Wed 29 May||
|Mon 1 June - Fri 26 June||
Mon 29 June - Fri 10 July
Mon 17 Aug - Fri 21 Aug
To find the schedule of individual courses, see Timetables.
On these days, there will be no classes and the law school will be closed:
- Christmas through New Year’s Day, 25 December 2014 through 1 January 2015
- New Year’s Day, Thursday 1 January 2015
- Good Friday, 3 April 2015
- Easter Monday, 6 April 2015
- Collective closing, Monday 4 May 2015
- National Liberation Day, Tuesday 5 May 2015
- Ascension Day, Thursday 14 May 2015
- Collective closing, Friday 15 May 2015
- Second Whitsunday, Monday 25 May 2015
Alternative exam period for US and Canadian Exchange Students
The UvA academic year may conflict with the academic year at the home institutions of some American and Canadian exchange students.
Students affected by such a conflict may need to take UvA exams at an earlier date than those listed in the normal academic schedule. These students should contact the exchange program coordinator (email@example.com) to schedule exams on an earlier date.
Alternative exam dates are only available to students from US and Canadian law schools that have exchange agreements with the UvA. All other students must take exams according to normal exam schedules.