As a UvA student, you have access to the UvA’s wireless network at various UvA buildings and in lecture and study rooms.
How to connect to Wi-Fi
To connect safely to the Wi-Fi network within UvA buildings you need to activate the correct settings.
- Step 1: Do you already have an internet connection? If not, connect to 'UvA Open Wi-Fi' or 'Amsterdam Science Park'. If you do, start with step 2.
- Step 2: Go to http://wifiportal.uva.nl. This page automatically checks your operating system in order to download the right software (e.g. Windows, Mac OS X or Android).
- Step 3: Please read the page carefully and follow the step-by-step instructions.
- Step 4: Enter your UvA-net ID (when requested) followed by @uva.nl and click on 'Join Now'.
- Step 5: The correct settings will be downloaded. You will be asked to enter the password of your UvA-net ID (up to three times).
After you have activated the correct settings
Now you can start using wireless internet at the UvA by selecting the ‘uva’ or ‘eduroam’ wireless networks.
Please note: if you own an Android mobile phone (version 5.0 or later) it is possible that the Android System WebView application is blocking software downloads. If so, try a different Wi-Fi connection or make use of your own mobile network.
More details and how to get in touch
If you have other questions or problems, visit an information desk at one of the study centres.