Information for international students
How can we help?
Student counsellors are there for students requiring advice and information on study progress and planning, registration, finances and appeals proceedings.
You can approach a student counsellor for:
- Problems related to student grants/loans
- Questions regarding registering and de-registering
- Support in obtaining grants from private funds
- Delays in your study owing to illness or other personal circumstances
- Complaints, filing an objection and/or instituting appeals proceedings
- Combining a study programme with top-level sports
- Studying with a disability and possible adaptations to enable studying
- Grants and allowances for administrative activities in student associations
- Individual coaching, help and advice
Get help from a student counsellor early to maximise the chances that the counsellor will be able help you. Consultations with the student counsellor are free of charge.
Student counsellors also organise training courses and workshops such as: Starting your thesis, Study programme on track, Study Strategies and Tackling the books: Strategies for academic reading. Most of these are offered in Dutch.
Workshop Study Skills
Student counsellors offer the workshop Study skills: the Dutch approach, especially designed for international students. This workshop is offered a couple of times each academic year. You can find these and register online on the Events page of your own student site.